Evernote and Notion are two popular note-taking applications that offer unique features and functionalities. If you’re considering migrating from Evernote to Notion, this guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to import your Evernote notes into Notion. We’ll also share some tips and best practices to ensure a smooth transition.
Step 1: Exporting Notes from Evernote
The first step in importing your Evernote notes into Notion is to export them from Evernote. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Evernote and select the notes you want to export.
- Click on “File” in the menu bar and choose “Export” from the dropdown menu.
- Select the format in which you want to export your notes. Notion supports various file formats, including HTML and ENEX (Evernote XML).
- Choose a location on your computer to save the exported file and click “Save”.
Step 2: Importing Notes into Notion
Now that you have exported your Evernote notes, it’s time to import them into Notion. Follow these steps:
- Open Notion and create a new page or open an existing one where you want to import your Evernote notes.
- Click on the “Import” button in the top-right corner of the page.
- Choose the file format you exported your Evernote notes in (e.g., HTML or ENEX).
- Select the exported file from your computer and click “Open”.
- Notion will begin importing your notes. Depending on the number of notes and their size, this process may take some time.
- Once the import is complete, you’ll see your Evernote notes in Notion, organized in a similar structure.
Tips and Best Practices
Here are some tips and best practices to make the most out of the Evernote to Notion migration:
- Review and Clean Up: Before importing your Evernote notes into Notion, take some time to review and clean up your notes. Delete any unnecessary or outdated notes, and organize them into relevant categories or tags.
- Reformatting: Depending on the file format you exported from Evernote, some formatting may not be preserved during the import process. Spend some time reformatting your notes in Notion to ensure consistency and readability.
- Explore Notion’s Features: Notion offers a wide range of features and functionalities that can enhance your note-taking experience. Take some time to explore and familiarize yourself with these features to make the most out of Notion.
- Organize and Categorize: Use Notion’s powerful organization and categorization tools to create a structured and easily navigable note-taking system. Utilize tags, folders, and sub-pages to keep your notes organized and accessible.
- Collaboration: Notion allows for seamless collaboration, making it easy to share and work on notes with others. Explore the collaboration features and invite team members or colleagues to collaborate on shared notes or projects.
Migrating from Evernote to Notion can be a straightforward process if you follow the steps outlined in this guide. By exporting your Evernote notes and importing them into Notion, you can continue your note-taking journey with a powerful and versatile tool. Remember to review and clean up your notes, explore Notion’s features, and organize your notes effectively to make the most out of the transition.
With these tips and best practices, you’ll be well-equipped to leverage Notion’s capabilities and create a seamless note-taking experience.